Only a few appointments left in Feb! Booking March/April now. Contact kristen@klsmithphotography.com for information about available appointments.

I heart Faces: White



I love the white in a sea of multi-cam and how tightly they hugged each other :) 

As an Army Wife, home comings make kind of ridiculously emotional- even when I have no personal relationship with the soldiers coming home. Just walking in the building brings  back all those feelings- the anticipation, the anxiety, the all-consuming excitement, and finally, the relief. 
This homecoming was a friend, a friend who had a little one just a year younger than my little guy. This is such a fun couple and their joy in being together was so palpable. There are more homecoming images in this facebook album. :) There is nothing quite like that feeling.


1/6/2012:
IHF chose this image as one of the top ten of 2011 and I can't even express how honored I am. As soon as the shock wears off, I'm gonna go dance around my living room.

17 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Such a powerful moment.

Piper said...

Great shot!

Amanda M. said...

Beautiful.....

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is such a powerful photo. Brings tears to my eyes...

Unknown said...

so sweet, it made me cry!

Steph said...

Great shot! What a wonderful moment to capture!

Michelle said...

Absolutely beautiful! So much emotion!

(*whispering* don't tell the others, but I hope you win!)

Kristen said...

Thank you!! i heart faces is totally my *oh I wish I could take that picture*......

Niki said...

This is absolutely stunning! What a moment! This, to me, is why we are photographers!

debbie said...

Hands down, best one I've seen so far. I hope you win!

Lisa Diehm said...

That was my daughter and son in law.

Jenna (Cammi J Photography) said...

This is one of the best pictures I have ever seen. I hope you win first place!

Unknown said...

I am so happy you are a winner at I heart faces this week! This picture is absolutely perfect! Incredible moment captured!

Anonymous said...

Wow... this picture made me tear up. It's perfect.

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

This picture totally made me cry! I am so happy you're a winner this week! :-)

I Heart Faces said...

Congrats! We loved your photo so much that we choose it as one of our Top 10 Most Memorable Photos of 2011!! Congrats and thanks for being such an inspiration:-)

-Amy & Angie
http://www.iheartfaces.com/2012/01/top-photos-best/

viv said...

LOVE.

Post a Comment

I love constructive opinions. I also enjoy keeping in touch, please leave a contact email. Thank you for spending a moment with me.